Victim Impact Panel
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ, UNDERSTAND AND FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN YOUR INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE.
In response to concerns surrounding the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in our region, the Incline Justice Court Courthouse is currently closed to the public for Victim Impact Panels. All proceedings (including the Victim Impact Panel (“VIP”) offered by the Tahoe DUI Awareness Program) are being handled virtually. If you are scheduled for attendance at an upcoming VIP, the following applies to you. If you have any questions, please contact the Court at (775) 832-4100 or and a member of our staff will be happy to discuss this matter with you.
What is a Victim Impact Panel?
A Victim Impact Panel ("VIP") program is an educational program designed to help DUI offenders understand the ramifications of substance-impaired driving. It seeks to leave a permanent understanding of the impact that impaired driving can, and all too often does have on family, friends, loved ones and the public in hopes of encouraging changes in behavior preventing future offenses.
The panelists have personal experience which allows them to relate to the audience while sharing their first-hand experience about how a DUI accident impacted them and their lives.
The Victim Impact Panels are typically held in the Incline Justice Court courtroom and are sponsored by the Tahoe DUI Awareness Program ("TDAP"). Due to the Coronavirus, the VIPs are presently being held by video.
Following is the schedule for upcoming VIPs:
August 1, 2023 at 5:30p
November 7, 2023 at 5:30p
February 6, 2024 at 5:30p
May 2, 2024 at 5:30p
Rules for Attending
The following rules apply to attending the VIP:
- YOU MUST NOTIFY THE COURT OF YOUR INTENTION TO APPEAR AT THE VICTIM IMPACT PANEL NO LATER THAN 24 HOURS PRIOR TO THE BEGINNING OF THE PANEL AND PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION VIA EMAIL AT :
- Legal Name
- Court for which you are appearing
- Case Number
- Mailing Address
- Physical Address
- Best Phone Number
- Best Email
- The cost to you for the program is $25. While the VIP is being presented virtually, payment is to be paid by Check, Money Order or Cashier’s Check only made payable to “Tahoe DUI Awareness Program.”
- Upon completion of the panel, a certification of completion will be issued via email. No certification of completion will be issued to any person who has not paid for the Panel. Payment may be made after the Panel and the certification of completion will then issue.
- A Photo ID is required (Driver’s License, Passport or Government Issued ID) and should be emailed to prior to the VIP.
- You are to appear drug and alcohol free.
- Failure to appear alcohol and drug free may result in non-admittance, additional fines, fees, time community service or arrest and result in a forfeiture of your fees. All violations of this rule will be reported to the Judge.
- No eating, drinking, sleeping, reading, talking or texting is allowed during the Panel. Violation of this rule may result in removal from the Panel and an incompletion of the requirement.
- When you log in, please be sure that your name is correctly presented. If you cannot be positively identified, we cannot verify your attendance.
- No persons will be admitted after the Panel begins, nor allowed to leave during the Panel Presentation.
- Please remove all hats, hoods, & sunglasses.
- Disruptive behavior will not be tolerated and any such individual acting in such a way will be removed from the Panel.
- Please turn off all cell phones, pagers and all electronic devices.
- VIP AGENDA: All Panels last about 1-2 hours. Please use the restroom before the Panel begins.
- TDAP reserves the right to deny entry and/or to remove you from the course if these or any other guidelines not listed are not met without any refund.
PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO ATTEND THE NEXT VICTIM IMPACT PANEL
VIP LINK - CLICK HERE