Wedding Information

To be legally married in the State of Nevada, you must purchase a marriage license and have a marriage ceremony performed. The fee for the license is $75.00. The Justice of the Peace can perform the marriage ceremony.

The marriage license may be obtained up to one year prior to the ceremony. The marriage license must be purchased in person in the Marriage License Bureau in either Incline Village or Reno.

Incline Village Office Reno Office

Available at the
Incline Village General Improvement District
893 Southwood Blvd.
Incline Village, NV

775.784.7260 tel
775.784.7262 fax

Note: The Clerk can only accept Credit Card Payments at this Office

Washoe County Clerk
Washoe County Complex
1001 E. 9th Street
Building A, First Floor
Reno, NV

775.784.7260 tel
775.784.7262 fax

Note: This office accepts only cash, traveler's checks and money orders.

In order to help expedite the licensing process, couples can now pre-fill most of their marriage license information online.  Go to Marriage Application Pre-Fill for more information.

For answers to the most common questions, please visit the Washoe County Marriage Bureau's Frequently Asked Questions page or call them at 775-784-7260.